Hi, welcome to marek sekowski architect.
Thanks for visiting this web site. My practice is based in Cambourne, Cambridgeshire and I personally have been practicing for about 10 years, which means my training wheels are off, but I still love what I do. The practice operates in East Anglia including Cambridgeshire, Huntingdonshire, Buckinghamshire and North London. The types of architecture we focus on are one-off houses, bar, shop, office, school, flats or house extensions, as well as refurbishment or remodelling with interior design. We use fancy programs like Vectorworks so that we can create 3D models for our clients.
This technology allows us to develop very detailed drawings and visualize your project before it is built. As a consequence this makes the design process enjoyable, the construction way easier and the overall project more economical. We offer free initial briefing meeting on site which can be arranged with one of our preferred builders to provide you with a basic cost estimate and help you establish your budget.
Give us a call or e-mail to arrange the first meeting!!!
We will help to materialise your ambitions and simply we listen to understand your hopes and fears to create beautiful buildings you deserve.
OUR SERVICES INCLUDE:
- Complete architectural service from initial briefing meeting to contract administration and completion on site
- Preparation and submission of Planning applications & Building regulations applications
- Interior design services (optional)
- Professional surveying service as part of our architectural service or optional landscape surveying (if applicable for a project)
- Sustainable/Low energy design or advice
- Our fees for the architectural services are usually charged on the basis of the time spent in the performance of the services
- Projects very in size and complexity, however as a guide our fees normally reflect 5 – 10% of net construction cost
- We structure our fees on the old RIBA Plan of Work: Project Stages & Services, every stage is priced separately as a fixed cost and is being charged at end of each work stage
- The Plan of Work consists of:
- A/BInitial meeting to discuss brief (free of charge) Survey of building (if applicable) or site appraisal
- C/DDesign & Detailed design
At completion of the stages planning application is being submitted
- E/F/GProduction/Construction information
Preparation of detailed specification and drawings for tendering purposes and to make an application for Building Regulations approval
- HTender action
- J/KPrepare an appropriate Building Contract, Administer
Contract on site
- LAfter Practical Completion
Make final inspection, advice on resolution of any defects, agree final account